Coker Cemetery Association, San Antonio, Texas

click here to contact Coker Cemetery Association click here to contribute to Coker Cemetery click here for Coker Cemetery obituaries click here for burials in Coker Cemetery click here for helpful links click here to view images of Coker kin click here to read Coker Cemetery history click here for Coker Cemetery charter and bylaws click here to learn about Coker Cemetery click here to return to Coker Cemetery home page COKER SCHOOL

Not many folks know that Coker School, currently located on Heimer Road, has been in existence since prior to the Civil War making it the oldest school in North East ISD. Below find pictures, articles and a video that tell the story.

Coker School - first building

It is believed that this was the first building used for the
school until 1904 and also served as the church house.
(was located in Coker Cemetery)

******************************

Coker School - second building

This wooden structure served as the second school
from 1904 until it burned down in 1924.
(was located west of San Pedro Avenue near the Salado Creek)

******************************

Coker School - third building

This brick building was completed in 1925 & later expanded.
It was replaced by the campus on Heimer Road in 1954.
(was located west of San Pedro Avenue near the Salado Creek)

******************************

Coker School - fourth building

This building opened in 1954 and is how the school appeared in the early 1960ís.
(is located on Heimer Road)

******************************